Kalma ka lang tropa, baka na sobrahan ka lang sa kape… safe ang coffee.. PRAMIS!
Over the month, there were fresh reports spreading that coffee is cancerous and that a judge in California has ordered Starbucks to put carcinogen warnings signs on their stores. Here are the facts of the lawsuit.
- The judge ruling is about a California State Law and not by Science
- Starbucks and 90 other companies are the defendants against the lawsuit.
- The law is about companies should disclose carcinogens and toxic chemicals in their products.
- The cancerous substance is Acrylamide
- Acrylamide can cause cancer in lab rats
- Acrylamide naturally results from the cooking process that makes beans flavorful
- Studies shows that humans metabolize it very differently
- Coffee has a thousands times less amounts of acrylamide per cup compared to what they fed the lab rats
- The same law was also used against potato chips, fries, breakfast cereals and even parking garage.
- Studies has proven that drinking coffee offers many health benefits like reducing risk to Alzheimer’s, prostate cancers, melanoma and other cancers.
- In 2016, International Agency for Research on Cancer has removed coffee from their “possible carcinogen” list.
So don’t fear your daily cup of joe, if kung hinde pa halata, pera-pera lang ang problema dito. Enjoy the health benefits of coffee, the extra energy it provides and that quick excuse to go COCOL. Cheers!