That’s more than 37 years of basic salary!!!
Minutes before 2018, a 30 liter bottle of Armand de Brignac Midas was sold and opened in Cove Manila. The first in the country, this champagne has a whopping Php 7 Million price tag. Kayo na magcompute at Php512 daily basic salary times 365.25 days. Syempre, kasama na leap year.
Here are some facts about the Armand de Brignac.
- It comes from the 33 hectare vineyards of the Cattier Family in Montagne de Reims region of Champagne, France dating back to 1700s.
- Its name was a tribute to the mother of the winemaker, Nelly Cattier, who registered the name in 1940s based on a novel with M. de Brignac character name.
- The sister of Jean-Jacques Cattier added the name “Armand”
- Its nickname is Ace of Spades because of the logo.
- Each bottle is coated in metal and the French pewter is hand made and polished.
- At retail price for its 750ml bottle is $300 (Php 15, 000)
- It has 5 cuvees (types): Gold Brut, Rose, Demi-Sec, Blanc de Blancs (100% Chardonnay) Blanc de Noirs (100% Pinot Noirs)
- Behind each bottle is 13 generations of wine making experience
- It is a even blend of three traditional champagne grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noirs, and Pinot Meunier
- Only 18 pairs of hands get to touch each bottle from grape pressing to bottling, two of which are Jean-Jacques Cattier and Alexander Cattier.
- The first press of the 4000 kilos of grapes (20.5 hectoliters) is used for the champagne
- Each bottle is unique, and annually the estate produces roughly 60,000 bottles
- Armand de Brignac comes in Standard 750 ml , Magnun 1.5 liters, 6 liters, 15 liters and the Midas 30 liters.
- In 2009, it was declared as the number 1 out of 1000 bottles of champagne
- In 2014, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter bought the brand