This is the first of a series of “pulutan hacks” and what better dish to start off with than the famous filipino pork sisig.
- Can of sisig (We used Purefoods for this one – note that we are not official endorsers so kahit ano pwedey)
- Half an onion (or whole kung trip nyo talaga, tadtarin)
- Clove of garlic (minced)
- One medium sized red bell pepper (chop it up)
- One green chilli (chop it up and take out seeds to make it less spicy, bawas anghang)
- Crushed chicharon / pork cracklings (‘kaw na bahala kung gano kadurog. kanya kanyang trip yan eh)
Time to cook!
- Heat oil in pan, put in garlic and onions (gisahin)
- Open canned sisig (this is the hack) and fry away
- Add bell pepper and green chillies
- Mix well and add chicharon aka pork cracklings
- Some seasoning
- Kalamansi and serve on the pan (hack it on the pan if you don’t have a sizzling plate) with seasoning and hot sauce available
Food hack (means, meaning, definition) is a quick and easy method for cooking, enhancing and or preparing all-time favorite recipes. Ingenious ways of using existing materials (for cooking, preparation) or ingredients such as instant or canned goods.