We’ve been talking about this for quite some time coz we’ve all had those epic nights. We define an epic night as one that will be remembered for many many years to come. An epic night needs to fit this criteria.. and we borrow this from the movie Troy:
If you stay in Larissa, you will find peace. You will find a wonderful woman, and you will have sons and daughters, who will have children. And they’ll all love you and remember your name. But when your children are dead, and their children after them, your name will be forgotten… If you go to Troy, glory will be yours. They will write stories about your victories in thousands of years! And the world will remember your name. But if you go to Troy, you will never come back… for your glory walks hand-in-hand with your doom. And I shall never see you again.
– Thetis –
HAhaha.. we know. That’s a huge exaggeration. But that’s how it feels when you hit that crossroad, to continue or not to continue with what could be or could not be an epic night.
Now here’s an initial list of the rules of having an epic night: (We’ll keep updating this. Abangan)
- You don’t plan for an Epic night (another Brad Pitt movie reference, Fight Club)
- You don’t talk about an Epic night (again with the movie reference – we tried to talk about an Epic night while it unfolded and it did not turn into an Epic night. The Epic night takes control so there’s no time to actually talk about it.
- You don’t pass up an Epic night
- If you leave before it was over, you DID NOT have an Epic night
- If you did not drink any alcohol, you DID NOT have an Epic night
- If you remember every moment, you DID NOT have an Epic night (Part of the epic-ness are those bits and pieces that solely belongs to the epic night)
- If you leave someone behind, that WAS NOT an Epic night
- If you hurt someone, that WAS NOT an Epic night (any bad vibes is.. bad)
- if you destroy something, that WAS NOT an Epic night (Epic nights are all good vibes)
- Everyone shares the glory of the Epic night
- …… more to come
So raise your glasses. **virtual cheers** to an epic night.
Share and Tag away!