First of all, there are no strict rules in preparing a boodle fight. As long as its festive and has the spirit of sharing a meal and of course, kamayan dapat. Besides, its a military feast!
Here’s a list to cover the basic elements of the “ideal” boodle fight:
- Toasted banana leaves to cover the table – toasted to bring out some flavor
- Seafood – Shrimp, crab, mussels, squid or any fried/steamed or grilled fish
- Bitesize items (Longganisa, tapa, tocino, Chopped liempo, Lumpiang Shanghai)
- Veggies / Gulay – Kangkong, okra, etc.
- Side dishes, mga pampagana – itlog na pula, atsara, cut tomatoes, diced onions, sliced cucumbers, bagoong, etc.
- Lots of rice – smack in the middle
You need to put an effort to arranging the whole thing equally 🙂
To inspire you guys, here are the top 5 most viewed Boodle Fight videos on Youtube:
(c) cover photo from wikipedia