Could this SUPER FOOD spell the difference for our FILIPINO Champ?
The Manny Pacquiao – Lucas Matthysse fight is just around the corner and the weather just really calls for a dish to warm our stomach and our soul.
Nothing beats cold weather that a good old chicken soup or for us Filipinos, “Tinolang Manok”. But could this simple dish spell the difference to the up coming fight of our Filipino Champion and Pambansang Kamao (National Fist) in his up coming fight against Lucas Matthysse? Here are the ingredients: Whole Chicken cut into quarters, medium size green papaya, onions, gingers, garlic, fish sauce, cooking oil, water and malungay (moringga leaves). Tools: Palayok for that province full vibe, mortar and pestle.
- Ground and pound the spices with the mortar and pestle to bring out the flavor
- Saute the chicken parts along with the pounded spices, to let out the chicken flavor before adding the water to let it boil and tenderize the chicken. This will make the broth powerful.
- Peel the green papaya and sliced it into quarters, remove the seeds. Add these when the broth starts to boil.
- While waiting, separate the malunggay leaves from it’s twigs.
- When ready to serve, add the malunggay leaves and mix it one last time before transferring to a serving dish. Add fish sauce and labuyo to enhance flavor and appetite.
The Pacquiao – Matthysse fight is on July 15, 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Watch the fight and share with us your pulutan at @shareyourpulutan in Facebook or through messaging us in FB messenger at @pulutan.club . Cheers!